Sunday, October 5, 2008

So, last night I was up till one in the morning getting the kids schedules in the computer and printing them out. So much to do! I feel like I am going crazy trying to remember everything. I'm sure between Justin, Devon, my mom and mother in law and neighbors everything will go really well. This morning I put together some meals and put them in the freezer for this week. I am just trying to get all the last minute stuff done. It's a bit overwhelming and at the same time, I am trying to just relax and enjoy my kids. I am trying to figure out what I'll actually be using in the hospital, if I'll even feel up to showering or getting dressed or if I'll be a bump on a log all week.
I am taking the laptop with me in case it works and I can update at the hospital. My phone if I remember correctly in the hospital only dials local numbers. So, anyone with Utah county numbers will have to call Justin if they want to get the number to reach me.
I am getting pretty nervous. I wish I knew for sure how I will be feeling, how soon into tomorrow I will be feeling it, and how bad it's gonna get. It's this or the alternative. That won't happen. I am beating this thing no matter what I have to go through!
I am grateful for all the prayers and well wishes from everyone! Your support helps so much. I think one of the most important parts of getting me through this is having a great support system, which I have. I have the most supportive and loving family and friends. It's sad that it takes something like this for all of our good sides to really shine. In Conference yesterday as Dieter Uchdorf (sp?) spoke about Hope, he said one thing that hit me like a rock. He said "Never allow despair to overcome your spirit".
I recieved a father's blessing last night for the comfort I truly needed. The words were inspired and just what I needed to hear. Many blessings and promises were made to me. I know my Heavenly Father has sent down angels to be here with me and help me through this!
He is watching over my family as I am away, which gives me the peace to get through. As a mom, my first concern is my kids and husband. I know they will be taken care of and loved as though I were right there with them. Thanks to all who will be helping this week and for the outpouring of offerings I have recieved for help.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You are amazing! Let us know if you need any thing at all. Keep your great attitude going. you are the best example to everyone around you.
Love The Poulsen's

Justin and kids said...

Thanks Melanie! You are so sweet to offer!

label