Friday, October 3, 2008

Finalized Plans

So, today was about the craziest day ever! It all started with a phone call from my nurse LeAnne who is Dr. Akereley's nurse. She set up for me to get my heart test done at the new IMC hospital on 5300 south. So I got on the phone with my new insurance which had changed to make sure I am covered at the IMC and Huntsman. I am so glad I called because they had to enroll me in their cancer program so I'll be covered at Huntsman. Otherwise they would not cover me there.
Then I got another call from LeAnne asking if I can go up to Huntsman right after my heart test and get an IV and then a central line put in (goes from the vein next to my carotid artery by my clavicle and a catheter goes straight to my heart and will disperse the medicine from there). So, I then had to arrange Brooklyn a ride home from school, get packed for the day with the boys and pick up my mom because they told me they would sedate me for the central line.
So, I am for sure going in the hospital on Monday the 6th, so really quick. Which is why I have to hurry and get all this testing done. The reason they did the central line today and I have it in over the weekend is because they were completely booked and couldn't fit me in to get it done. These are made to stay in long term so no problems keeping it in over the weekend.
I will be doing the pulmonary test on my lungs tomorrow up at Huntsman.
So, today was nuts and on top of it all, Colton wasn't feeling well. I made it to all the appointments on time. The heart test was on a treadmill and when I was done they said everything looked normal, but they would let my doc know my results. The IV went like a normal IV would. When I went to get the central line put in, they found out that I had eaten (I didn't know I was supposed to fast till after I ate a banana this morning) within six hours of being there. So I couldn't get sedation for the prodedure. Ouch is all I can say. They used lidocane shots which was the worst part of the whole thing. After that and when the Fentinyl (sp?)(pain killer) kicked in , I was ok. As soon as I got to my mom's, it started bleeding and I had to put pressure on it. It still hurts!
So, tonight we went to the Utah vs Oregon State game. It was soooo much fun and such a stress reliever to an exhausting day.
Let's just say I am glad today is over and I can finally go to bed (it's 12:40 at night right now)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle- Wow!!! you make my CRAZY days feel like a breeze! I am glad that you and Justin still got to go out you are such a trooper through all this it amazes me! We are here for you when you need us {well at least I am, the dog catcher is kind of busy)!

Our family said...

I've started blog-stalking you from Kirsten Strack's site and thought I'd finally come clean. I'm so sorry to hear about all your troubles and I'm praying for you guys. It's just crazy the way life goes sometimes.

It's still way weird to me that you and Justin are married and parents. You haven't aged a day since I moved out of my parent's house, in my mind at least.

If there's anything at all I can help with, I'm happy to. I live in S. Jordan now so if you get desperate for babysitting or something, let me know!

Christy Glauser Boden

Shari said...

Hey Michelle-I am so glad you started a blog. It is so good to be able to stay updated on life! You are so strong and I think about you all the time. Good luck with everything coming up. We will be praying for you.

kstrack said...

Hug, Hug!!! As always you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Jessica said...

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you, Justin, Devon, Adele, your parents, etc. Nights for me are usually completely available, so let me know. Love you!

pacemaker said...

All in a days work, huh? You are so amazing, remember we are thinking of you and praying daily, keep the faith and good luck with next week. God bless.

Lori said...

we will be thinking about you..especailly on Monday. TELL JUSTIN HE MUST KEEP UPDATES ON YOUR BLOG. TELL HIM REAL MEN BLOG..ESPECIALLY FOR WIVES LIKE YOU.

label