Saturday, October 25, 2008

Came Home Early

I got to come home yesterday. They decided not to give me the last dose because of the heart palpitations and because I was developing a cough from the fluid in my lungs. The cough was constricting my airway and making it hard to breathe.I ended up only getting four doses. So when I got home, I started getting a very familiar headache (same as last week). We thought if we hurried and set me up on IV fluids, it would go away. Last week we thought all the symptoms I had were due to dehydration. I'm not so sure now. We tried to get me some nausea medication quickly, knowing me. As we were hooking it up and about to put some in my line, I threw up. We battled getting enough medication and throwing up seven times by the time we got it right. I also had a home health nurse there trying to help us figure out why I was throwing up so much. He couldn't figure it out. I remember throwing up 3 times while he was here. Finally we got some antinausea without pain meds to just put me to sleep. Who cares about a migraine when you can't take anything, right?
I woke up a lot in the night to go potty and with my head hurting. I didn't dare take anything for fear of throwing up again (or dry heaving). I gained a total of 20 pounds this time, but I won't take any Lasiks until I know I have enough fluids and I am at least eating and drinking. I think that was part of the reason I was up so much last night, my body was naturally starting to get rid of the extra water weight.
This morning I felt a bit better. I am still very weak and can't do much. I am on my second IV just so the dehydration doesn't happen again, I already did an antibiotic for two hours this morning for my staff infection, too. That will be twice a day until Nov. 4th.
I will say that it is so nice to be back in my own bed and at least home with my kids. They seem really content having me here.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love you Michelle, and hope that you feel better soon and that this works for you. Wish I was there. Love Brooke

label