Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday

So, today was kind of a good and bad day. I had insomnia and was up all night last night. Even with sleeping pills and pain pills and nausea pills. They say is was a side effect of the IL-II. So this morning around six they checked my lungs, which they do several times a day and blood tests. They found fluid in my lungs and a low white blood count, meaning infection somewhere in my body. The fluid built up in my lungs because it is building up everywhere. I am up 15 pounds in fluid retention. It feels so gross.I just feel really bloated.
So, because of those two things they had me do a chest x ray to make sure there was fluid in my lungs. There for sure was. So, they didn't give me my dose of IL-II this morning and stopped it altogether. So I didn't make it as far as I was hoping, but I make it to 11 doses which most barely make it to 9 or 10, plus they couldn't get over how well I dealt with it.
Because my lungs are filled with the fluid puts me at a high risk for pneumonia.
They told me I absolutely can't be around groups of people, so church is out. I think it's a good thing I will be coming home when it's cold and I can just stay home. I had several visitors which I made sure weren't sick. So, I should be coming home tomorrow afternoon and will still be tired. I am so excited for my own bed for sure!

2 comments:

Melissa Calder said...

Michelle, I'm so glad you made it to 11 doses! Hang in there and have a good weekend just hangin with the kiddos. I bet you missed them like crazy!

Kawika and Aly and Emma said...

YAY!! There is nothing like your own bed!! You are such a trooper Michelle...I love you SO much!! I pray for you daily!! You are such a hero in my eyes!! We wish you all the best!! Love, Aly and Wika

label