Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Night in the Emergency Room

So I came home yesterday and was a bit dizzy all day. We went and picked up prescriptions and came home to rest. I took a small nap. When I tried to go to sleep last night I couldn't. I had a headache all day that ibuprofen didn't even touch. As it got later I tried a Lortab 10. Strong, right? Barely worked for like 20 minutes. I ended up nauseas and running from bed and throwing up. I threw up the only food I'd eaten all day because the sores in my mouth were too bad to eat. I had taken new meds and threw all that up too. So, come two in the morning after trying to sleep on the couch, so I could breathe because of the fluid in my lungs, I woke up gasping for air and having a panic attack. I had several delirious dreams and then the throbbing in my head was so strong and it sounded like water swishing in my head I thought for sure I had extra fluid in my brain because I had extra fluid retaining everywhere else. We called up to Huntsman and talked to the Dr on call and he said to go to the E.R. and they'd probably do a brain scan and admit me. Just what we wanted to hear. The only reason they said it was important to go in was because meds just weren't taking any pain away.
When we showed up to the er, they took me back right away and started asking a lot of questions, which my history takes a while. They asked all the meds I've been on, I had no clue all the drugs I had this last week. I only knew what I'd had through IV. I told him about all the water swelling and one leg looked more swollen than the other, so we did an ultrasound to check for blood clots, a head CT, a chest xray (because of the fluid in my lungs, he wanted to check to see if it is still there. So, long story short, everything was fine, thank heavens. I am still suffering from the headache which we think is my body's reaction to Interlukin.

1 comment:

Matt and Shelley Miller said...

Our friend Michelle our prayers and thoughts are with you. We know that Our Father in Heaven hears your prayers and sees your tears. Thank you for keeping us updates on your journey. Please give Justin our love as well. You are so strong!

label