Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Well, I got a phone call asking me not to come in for my PET/CT on Friday. Dr. Akerley cancelled it bacause I will be starting radiation and the fact that it would be very uncomfortable for me to lay on my back for that amount of time.
This weekend went by pretty uneventful. The only new thing is that I have been fighting a fever, which got up to 101. I have one of the chest tube sites that doesn't really want to close and doesn't look too great. I went to my family doc on Monday to get it checked out. He did a culture and gave me some stuff to put on it. He also put me on oral antibiotics.
Today has been a really hard day for me painwise. It's my legs this time, mostly the left. I think I did too much squatting this weekend trying to pick things up off the ground. Normally that would be ok, but my legs have no muscle tone right now and that really overdid it for me. I've had a heating pad on it all day and even took a muscle relaxer to help.
Tomorrow I will be meeting with Dr. Akerley for a follow up. I will also be meeting with Dr. Nirula to check on the hole in my lung, to make sure it has healed. I'm sure it has because my breathing hasn't been strained at all. I also will be asking Dr. Akerley about a few new lumps I've found. We're not sure if they are anything, but they showed up at the same time and are the same size. If it was anyone else I wouldn't be worried, but it's me, so of course I worry.

3 comments:

MommyK said...

Sorry it's been so hard with the pain wish I lived closer to just be able to pop in and help. So how did everything go at the Dr??? I've been thinking about you but I don't want to bug you!! HAng in there!!!

lori said...

I know you have so much going on but i wanted you to know that Justin and YOU were the inspiration behind the Marine Corps BBQ On Sat. I am guessing you may be in too much pain to hang around a bunch of rowdy Marines but just know I will miss you if you cannot make it. There will be lots of kids so your kids are obviously welcome. XOXO

Stecky said...

Once again you are a hero to me. I wish I could take some of your pain and give you a little break from it. You are constantly in my thoughts and I pray hard for you every day. Here's wishing you a great Easter. What is your favorite color?

label