Sunday, April 12, 2009

I am humbled this Easter morning. I have been having a lot of really stressful days, but today is Easter and a day for me to sit and reflect on my life that has been a gift. I think about Jesus and all that he went through for me. I know He has felt the pain I have been enduring. I am so grateful to know that the Resurrection is real and one day I too will be Resurrected. I know that nobody else on earth can understand the pain I have been through, except for Jesus. He knows the pain I've felt from every surgery or treatment. It is beauful to think about our Heavenly Father's plan for me. He died for me that I might live. I have such a strong testimony of my Savior's love and know that He is aware of me and my circumstances.
I am so grateful for everything I have and have been blessed with.
I am excited to see the kids today, hopefully they will still be in their Easter clothes. I would love to be at home with them and seeing their excited faces when they see what the Easter bunny brought them. If I can't go home tonight for a few hours, then they will come up and show me. They are the most adorable kids in the world! I just love them so much. They light up a whole room when they come in (not to mention raise the noise level 100% louder!) Little stinkers.

As far as any news on the infection, we still have no source. They want to take some of the fluid on the outside of my lung and test it today. This requires the Interventional Radiology to use ultrasound and a needle. I thought they were taking fluid out of my lung, but they want to do this either instead or first. I'm not sure. From rumors it sounded like they weren't going inside the lung at all. So, this test they are doing today sounds like it takes a couple more days to get results, so that's probably about how long I will be here. Man, I can't seem to get out of these hospitals once I am admitted. At least I am comfortable here and getting the best treatment. After being at the U of U Hospital, I appreciate Huntsman that much more!
I asked about going home for a few hours today and if Hospital policy lets me, I will be able to. I doubt they will let me go because of Hospital policy or because of insurance reasons. Pray I will get out of here for me will ya?

9 comments:

Eric said...

You are such a strength to so many, including myself. Thank you for your testimony in a time of such hardship. Our Savior does know your pain and sorrow and he is the one who will help you through all of this. We love you so much and are praying for you and your sweet little family. Have a wonderful Easter.

kstrack said...

Thank you for sharing that, I hope you got to be with your family today.

Sarah said...

Oh man, I was really hoping for your sake (and your family's sake) that you'd be home today for good.

I wish so much that I had a magic wand to wave over you and take all your pain away. I'm glad you've found the 'magic wand' of the Atonement, though,and it's power to heal souls even when the body is still hurting. Your testimony has strengthened mine many times over.

BTW, it sounds kind of cool to hear you talk about the "hardware" in your back! I know it actually isn't cool at all, but not everyone sounds like they've got computer parts installed in them! You're one of a kind!

Liz said...

Hope it is okay if I post a comment ... I found your blog through Amanda Johnson's (We were in the same ward as youth). Your story, faith and strength touches me. We have an uncle that was diagnosed with desmoplastic melanoma in December 2007 - we have seen the ugly hand it deals. You are an amazing woman. I pray that you are home with your beautiful family soon!

Amy Dayton said...

You are such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story and your testimony. I will never take the long days at home with my kids for granted again! I pray your body will heal quickly and you will be home soon.

Melissa Calder said...

What a humbling and beautiful post. I hope you get home ASAP and start getting better. I hope you had a great Easter and at least got to spend a little time with the kids :)

Bethany said...

You are so strong and so amazing. You are loved by so many people, I can tell you that! I hope you find some relief soon. We are thinking about you and praying for you Michelle!

Melinda said...

That made me cry- it was a beautiful testimony. You are such a great example to me of strength, courage, love, and endurance. Your kids are so lucky to have such an amazing mom.

Henich Family said...

Hey Michelle that was an amazing post, thank you for sharing. I hope you know that you and your sweet family our in our prayers DAILY. We love you guys so much. Thank you for being suck an example to all of us. Please let me know if you guys need anything. Even if it is a few hours of playing cards or chatting I am there all you have to do is say the words!

Andrea

label