Monday, April 27, 2009

No news is good news: By Justin

Many people have gotten concerned with what's going on since there hasn't been any updates over the last few days. As titled, no news is good news. Since we got her oxygen figured out she has been doing much better. She is still sprouting new spots but is feeling much better each day. We really didn't think if you would have asked us last Monday that she would be here still but she is doing really well the last few days.
Dr. Bentz, or Brandon as he has insisted we call him, came out yesterday for a nice visit. I don't know about you but I have never met a Dr. and a team of care providers that cares so deeply about their patients even after they are no longer in charge of their care. I don't think we would have ever guessed that the team of Dr.'s and nurses would end up being such fantastic friends. Michelle has had a lot of fluid collecting in the right side of her abdomen and it may be related to her liver. Brandon talked to the powers that be and we may take her in for an outpatient (hopefully) procedure to drain the fluid. This should help her feel much better once this is done. She can't go without oxygen still and probably won't ever be able to go off it. She is very reliant on it and it is cranked way up but whatever makes her feel better. Her recent spike in feeling better is a very welcome sight yet for me at the same time is somewhat disheartening as it somewhat gives a sense of false hope but we are all enjoying her recent recovery. We'll take any victory we can get and are still holding out for a miracle.
On another positive note, I came home today to see a huge team of people decorating my yard with beautiful flowers. Some of our old neighbors came out and had a load of mulch delivered and before long a whole team of people were over planting flowers. My yard has never looked better. I've lived here 4 years and in a couple short hours my yard was completely made over. I cannot thank those responsible enough for all that has been done to help my family through this difficult time. I have heard from so many people that I haven't talked to in forever. Many old friends, family, Marine brothers, etc. It has been such a nice reunion of sorts. It's amazing how far and wide something like this can spread and bring out the best in people.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update! I am so glad that she is doing well. Thank you for letting us come over. Michelle is so strong, and has such a beautiful spirit!

We love you all! (0:

Melissa Calder said...

You guys are on our minds throughout each and every day. We very much appreciate the update and have been checking back everyday just to see how Michelle is. Your family is SO loved and I hope you never forget that.
Regan and Melissa Calder

Unknown said...

Great to see you guys yesterday. Its been too long since we were able to bask in your guys' coolness.

Bubba & Tara Morris said...

Hi My name is Tara Morris. I live in the other ward below you, down on Star Circle. My son Miles is in Brooklyns class at school. Actually they were in Kind. together too. I have talked with Michelle only a handfull of times at school, so I never got to know her as well as I wanted to. Miles on the other hand came home from the first day of Kind. and asked us how he can marry Brooklyn? Funny huh! Since then he has never stopped mentioning her name or talking about her. Brooklyn knows me pretty well since I frequent the classroom and field trips. I was wondering if it was ok to stop by and visit Brooklyn with Miles? Our family just cannot stop thinking of you guys and Miles esp. I I know you have friends and family that would like to be there, so I do not want to take their time? So I just thought I could see what you thought. Thanks for your time.
Tara Morris Our email is morris.tara@gmail.com

Seth and Julie said...

Thanks for the update. I am so glad to hear that Michelle is feeling better and receiving the comfort we have all prayed for.

I blogged about you guys the other day on my blog and it reminded me how much fun we all used to have together. I hope you don't mind that I shared a small piece of your story with the world (or the 15 people who actually read my blog). I just wanted to pay tribute to Michelle's amazing strength and faith...and yours too Justin! Michelle is defintely the rock star but you have been an awesome backup singer, you know.

Henich Family said...

Hey Justin and Michelle,

Torrey, Aniston and I would love to bring out dinner this weekend...can we can we can we????? If I have to beg I will, I'm not above it.

Let me know which night is better AND what Michelle is CRAVING.

LOVE YOU GUYS!

Sarah said...

I love seeing Michelle out on the front porch with your sweet kids around her, and the constant stream of visitors. That many people would make any healthy person worn out, but Michelle just keeps smiling.

Can't wait for another warm day.
And your flowers look incredible.

label