Thursday, April 30, 2009

So many visitors and food! by Justin

Nothing again has really changed since the last post but just to dispel rumors before they get started, we are in the process of starting Michelle on hospice. Hospice by no means is any sign of imminent doom but just more of a help for Michelle's comfort and our family's well being. We will get all the help that we need through this service and don't have to worry about any more doctor visits, panic due to lab results, etc. We can now just focus on getting our family ready for what is happening around us and dealing with it appropriately.
Michelle is in great spirits. She has her moments but she is still defying the odds and seemingly dealing with this better than everyone around her. I don't know where she gets it from but she finds the energy to smile, laugh and even give me crap from time to time. I have been testing her competence in asking nearly everyday if I can either buy a motorcycle or a new truck and everyday without fail she shuts me down. Good to see that somethings never change.
As a final note for today, the ward and family have pretty much kept our bellies full on dinners. Please as you come to visit, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not bring dinner unless you have talked to us about it. We are out of fridge space and I don't want anything to be wasted. Also, my kids are constantly of the walls with candy and other sugary treats, please do not bring anymore junk food unless it is for Michelle, I sure don't need anymore either.

6 comments:

Stecky said...

Thanks for the updates. I am so sorry to hear about Mindy and Nate. I went through that 23 years ago and still have little heart cramps. I will be sending them a note and offering a shoulder. I hope a day full of blessings for you.

Sarah Garner said...

We are still praying for you guys. I'm sure you have no idea just the scope of people you are touching with your strength and faith. I don't know Michelle but I love her!

Your sister in law will also be in our prayers. The same thing happened to me last year. If she ever needs someone to "talk" to that understands she is more than welcome to email me: zeeneye@gmail.com
I also set up a support network blog for moms that have lost little ones: http://latterdaykeepsakesangelbabies.blogspot.com/

Sarah (Tiney) Garner

doulajulie said...

Love hearing the updates! As for Mindy our heart aches for her loss. Will definitely send her our condolences. As for Michelle we are so happy to hear that she has her spirits up. A good mental attitude certainly can help make life so much easier and she has been given us all lessons on that. Justin, you too. Take care, the both of you.

pacemaker said...

I was saddened to hear about Michelle's sister and her baby, we really never know what life has in store for any of us, thank the Lord for his goodness and mercy. Love to you both.

ashlee sheppard said...

Oh Michelle (this is ashlee crump sheppard.) I dont know what to say.I want you to know that I am praying for you and your family. I love you and think you are so amazing. my prayer are with you.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

label