Thursday, April 16, 2009

Update from Justin at Michelle's request..

Michelle wanted me to take a minute to update everyone on her current goings on. She is still in the hospital as they are trying to find the source of her infection. She has been recieveing plasma to thin her blood so that they can do a spinal tap. They wanted to do it a couple of days ago but haven't gotten her blood levels where they need to be. They are supposedly going to get it done today but they were supposedly going to just keep her overnight and that was eight days ago. It's a day to day struggle with everyday seeming to bring new challenges.

Michelle has asked me not to share the entirety of what is currently going on but she is fighting hard and trying her best to come home where she feels she will be more comfortable. The Dr's are trying to help her manage her pain levels and have put her back on Fentanyl drip to help her while in the hospital. She cannot go home while on IV meds so they will need to make sure they get her on the right oral meds so that we don't need to keep shuttling her back and forth from home to huntsman so they can experiment with medications. Her radiation treatments have been put on hold until they get her infection figured out at which point they can have her come in to St. Marks for daily treatment for three weeks. After the three weeks, Dr. Akerley, Michelle and I are going to try to determine a treatment plan for the foreseeable future to see where that gets her.

Thank you to everyone that has been up to see her.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish God made the words I could say to make you feel better. I wish there was something I could do. Keep your chin up, and don't give up. There are so many people who love you beyond their words to express, and would do anything they could to help you. As always, we pray for you everyday in our family prayers. Dyson and Ridge have gotten to where they pray for you without prompting. You are so dear to our family we would not know what to do without you. You are a beautiful woman and must truly be one of God's elect for him to trust to to go through something like this. I think about Job and how righteous he was, and it was because of that that God allowed him to be tested and tried so intensely. It seems you are going through your own "Job trials" and it must be because God knows you can handle it.
I love you more than I can express. You have been kinder and more loving and accepting of me than some of my own family and I count you among my closest friends. Know that you are not alone and I think of you often.
Love you tons.
Hugs and loves!
Amanda

doulajulie said...

Hang in there - the both of you. May God continue to send you feelings of peace, comfort and pain control.

Stecky said...

Dear Michelle,
I know this will sound weird, but there is a blessing in all of this. I am coming to know, appreciate and love you more than possible if we just stayed in our routines and saw each other once a year. You truly are one of my heroes. I am going to be sending you a tiny gift when I get it finished. I a m pleading for your comfort in my prayers. Thank you for teaching me!
love
Auntie Becky

label