Friday, January 23, 2009

Most Insane week ever

This week hasn't been as bad as I had anticipated overall. It was still very rough for everyone else. Justin came out of the hospital yesterday morning, but still having his headaches. As far as I remember hearing he came home and made a bunch of phone calls and then crashed the rest of the night. I talked to him this morning and he was on his way way to work and was hoping to make it through the day. Oh and after running all of his tests, they decided it was viral menengitis.



Colton now has an ear infection. Adele took him to the same doctor Justin went to, most likely because he knows what's going in our family. She said even the nurse remembers all of us. So, luckily no menengitis for the rest of us, which is what Justin has for sure now. We are hearing from different doctors, the one for Justin, and my doctors up here, that it was and that it wasn't contagious. I guess we'll find out in time. So, Colton isn't contagious (the cold might be). They put him on antibiotics and he should be feeling better in no time, let's hope.



As far as for me. I am having an ok week.Two hours after my first dose and the rest of the doses I start to get shaking chills and body aches. About 4 hours after my IL-II I run a fever of 39.4 celsius which is close to 103 farenheit. It generally breaks sometime in the night and I wake up drenched in sweat. Lucky for meI've been able to take a couple showers. I woke up one morning and my hair was even curly ( started out straight). I am pretty swollen in my hands and feet. Everywhere else too, but mostly hands and feet. I've put on a total of 17 or 18 pounds and did a total of 4 doses this week. It was a shorter week because they were closed on Monday.



I was able to celebrate my birthday in the hospital this week. Not a whole lot of fun in a hospital bed, but it was good. I had lots of wonderful visitors including my kids. It was so fun seeing them! The staff planned for a couple days to surprise me with all of them singing to me and giving me a slice of chocolate cake! It was so sweet! They even got the ENT residents to come in (which doesn't ever really happen) because they knew me! I felt special!

I want to give a shout out to Devon! She has been such a major support in all of this! (besides my mom and Justin's mom). We've all been getting kind of burned out on the whole hospital thing and figuring out who's helping with kids and everything. She has been such a life saver for me! Whenever I slack, she gets it done for me and I don't even have to ask! It's been the best thing to move her in with us (she's Justin's 21 yr old cousin for those that don't know her). We worried a little about how it would be having her there, but there have been so many instances we couldn't have made it without her. Especially with Justin and me in the hospital and now a sick baby and it sounds like Brooklyn is now sick too.

What a week!!!

5 comments:

Eric said...

That does sound like an insane week. The week Jason died, Lauren got sick, then Ethan threw up. And if that wasn't enough Chase got RSV and two ear infections so I think it does pour when you're not even sure you can handle the rain.

Happy belated birthday. Love you.

Mama said...

I just got caught up on the last 2 weeks. Holy cow girl! I'm glad it's the end of this week! Are you home now? So is this the last treatment, or is there another round coming up? I'm so glad it's working! I hope to see you soon!
Jen

G-Lo said...

Ok, Michelle. I just can't believe it! I am so sorry that Justin AND YOU were in the hospital! You are right, that is totally INSANE! Seriously, how much can one handle? I think you are figuring that out for all of us! Hang in there, we need to do another girls night, sounds like you need it!!! Love you! - Glow

Melissa Calder said...

Happy birthday!
Wow, we are getting old. Remember those good ol days of aerobics with Ms. Paskins? Aah, to be young again. I think I'd pass out working out like we used to!
Have a good week :)

pacemaker said...

Oh my gosh!!! What a week! Believe me when I read what kind of a week you have, I count my blessings and realize nothing we go through is even close to yours. Hang in there Michelle, we love you and Justin.

label