Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So, on my way to go to the dentist today and later back to Huntsman, I got a phone call asking me to do an MRI tonight too.
So, I had my teeth cleaned today for the first time in almost 5 years!!! I know, I've neglected them and to be honest I was scared that he was going to find massive cavities. Well, I didn't have any cavities and he said he wished everyone had as good of teeth as I do! What a relief! My teeth feel so good too!
So, I went up to Huntsman and met with Dr. Hitchcock. She showed me the PET/CT that I did in December and then the CT they did on Monday. It definately has grown, not a ton, but enough to scare me. I couldn't see a separation between the tumor and my spinal cord. They keep asking me if I am having any neurological problems, like numbness or loss of motor skills. I'm totally fine, except for the pain from this thing. She also told me that the reason for the MRI is so that a neurosurgeon she has lined up can look at it and they can decide together if we should do surgery and debulk the tumor and then do radiation, or if we should just do the radiation. They will meet tomorrow morning and then I will hopefully find out tomorrow sometime. It sounds like if we go the surgery route, it would be pretty quick, like within the next week sometime. Everything keeps changing so much that I'm sure this could change too. I will write tomorrow if I find out anything at all. Otherwise you'll have to wait like I will be. Ta Ta for now

3 comments:

WX Ences said...

Clean teeth and no cavities...gotta love life's little blessings!

Hope things go well and you find out what course of action they are going to take next.

As always, PLEASE let us know if we can do anything.

Love you guys,

Audri

lori said...

Ughhh. That stupid, good for nothing tumor. And i am so sorry that you are in pain. Thanks for keeping us updated. I may not comment alot but i check your blog all of the time. How was CA? Did hat wear you out? I would still like to drop by. OOOOO-Hugs

Kristi said...

I am amazed by your patience! I'm sure it's not easy having everything up in the air. You are one strong cookie! Hang in there. Thanks for all the updates. I appreciate knowing what's going on. You are a wonderful friend, mom and example.

label