Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sigh.....

Michelle has blood clots in her arms from the many, many IV's that she has had over the last two weeks. They are loading her up with heperine (sp?) to loosen things up and they "say" that they should dissolve on their own. They also mentioned to her today that they want her to stay in the hospital for awhile longer, even after the chest tube comes out to rehab her and get her stronger before she comes home. Noone seems to know how much longer that will be but it won't be at the University of Utah because we are not covered there for rehab apparantly. SO, they want to move her to the Intermountain Medical Center in Murray to get going with that sometime in the next few days. If you are planning to go visit her, I will update the blog once she has been moved or as soon as we find out when they are going to move her. STAYING POSITIVE but getting ready to hit something really hard!! :)

5 comments:

triches said...

Good luck Justin and Michelle! I work right next to Murray and I would like to come see you on my lunch hour if you would let me.

As always, you are in our prayers.

Troy

Melanie said...

She seems so good and so Happy despite her wanting to come home. I think if she was at a nicer place she would get better faster. Hopefully the recovery place will be better. Tell her I'll come again next week and bring some salt not sugar!

kstrack said...

You two are amazing! Hospitals are always hard! You never know what is happening until right before it does. We will keep praying for you & your family! Love, the Stracks

Becky said...

Don't lose hope guys! Keep on keeping on! You're doing great!

Adam said...

I'm there for you man. I mean, if you want to hit something hard. I can think of plenty reasons why I'd deserve it, so you might as well take it out on me.

Let's see, the custom "Bancroft" T-shirts...the Dr Pepper/Coke debacle...the CDs/DVDs hidden throughout your room...The Alta High parking lot "bathroom"...The mirrors, car seats, and radio settings...

Yeah, I deserve it. Take your best shot.
We love you guys, and pray for you two to catch a big break.

label