Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Longest stay in the hospital so far

Michelle has now spent 12 days in the hospital making this her longest hospitalization so far. She is getting stronger everyday and seems to be making process. Her biggest hang up right now is that she still has her chest tube in. She was up and walking for really the first time yesterday. I didn't get a chance to see her as I had work and class yesterday but I will be able to see her tonight before heading to the Jazz game and sitting in a suite! (Jealous?)
I'm excited for the night out after visiting with her as this will be a nice distraction from reality for a couple of hours. Like I said she is doing better all the time and will be able to come home within a day or two of her tube coming out. She is on the 5th floor of the University Hospital if you would like to visit her. Please call her and if she is feeling well enough for company she will answer, if not, don't be offended, she doesn't answer all the time when I call either! :)
She has been able to see the kids a couple times now since getting out of the ICU which has really cheered her up and at thew same time depressed her as she really misses the kids and wants to get home to help take care of them. Thanks for all your prayers on her behalf. She'll be home soon.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Twelve days in a hospital bed would be enough to do me in. Bless her heart for putting up with it. I can't imagine being away from my kids that long, either. I know she'll be so, so glad to home with them. I hope it's soon.
Thanks for taking the time to keep us posted despite your busy schedule.

label