Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Follow up Appointment

I went up to Huntsman for a follow up appointment today. I knew beforehand that I would have labs drawn (blood) before my appointment. What I didn't know was they had scheduled me for an x ray of my lungs. As soon as they said that I started getting scared. That meant I would find out either good or bad news today and not "just" a follow up as I had thought. That meant that if any of my tumors had grown or shrunk they could most likely see that. After my labs and x ray I met with one of the residents and of course he had endless questions for me. I was asked mostly about what symptoms I am still having. I then met with Dr. Akereley. He said everything looks good in my blood, and then my x ray- all the fluid is out of my lungs, which is what they were looking for. If you remember, I was sent home from the hospital with it in there, and they wanted to make sure it was gone. He said all the stuff that the IL-II had induced upon me was gone and I looked good. He said that he wouldn't comment on my cancer until after my scan in December. I asked if there was any noticeable changes in my lungs and he said no not at all. In fact he said he thought I would have a really good outcome from the IL-II. Let's hope! He also said that he would report his findings with me to Dr. Bentz(my surgeon). He said Dr. Bentz likes to keep an ear out and keep tabs on how I am doing. It's nice to know that he cares about me! They are all so good up there. I also ran into Dr. Bentz nurse Joyce! She said she's been thinking about me the last couple weeks and was going to email me and then there I was! It's like family up there. They take care of me and everyone remembers my name even!

I am having a small Thanksgiving at my house tomorrow. I just finished making a couple pumpkin pies and will be making two more kinds shortly. My oven will be taken over tomorrow. I am so excited to spend the day with my family. That's what it's all about. I have always loved the holidays and family time!

1 comment:

G-Lo said...

Michelle, thanks for keeping us posted. I hope your Thanksgiving went well! You'll have to teach me how to make pies! I bet you are awesome at it! Keep in touch!

label