Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting ready for Christmas

It's already feeling a little hectic around here trying to get all the shopping and things done for Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love this time of year, it's just a little stressful. I haven't posted anything for a while because it is just my normal daily routine for the most part around here.
We get to find out today if our Utes go to New Orleans or Phoenix for a bowl game. We are hoping for Phoenix because it is a slight possibility we could go. Slight.
We went to a work Christmas party for Justin's work last night and then decided to skip out on the game part with another couple and went to see Four Christmases. Funny movie!
Luckily for us, the interest rate has gone down on the housing industry and Justin has gotten a few calls on loans. This will help us pay off some of our medical bills and ease things a little bit. We were starting to get really worried we'd have to sell the house (if it would even sell). Why does one trial always follow another? It seems to never be just one thing for us. If you've known us very long, you know we've been through one thing after another that keep getting harder and harder to get through. I think back though and if we hadn't gone through any of our other trials, I don't think we'd be strong enough to get through this one.
Another hard part for me is that I can't really get out much, socially. I am not supposed to be around big groups which makes me feel a little closed in, but I love being home with the kids so much, I guess it's a trade off.
For the most part we are doing pretty well. Just getting by and awaiting New Years Eve for my results.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Churchy as it may sound, when I was reading your blog I thought about the talk President Eyring gave during the last conference, and how he still is given trials that test him all the time. You'd think that the Lord would ease up on him, but he just keeps getting trials or other opportunities that help him grow stronger. I can't think of a couple that has the ability to handle the kind of trials as well as you two have.
I'm sure it's hard, I know I am not able to look at it this way very easily, but from the outside looking in, it seems that the Lord must think pretty highly of you two. A lot of other people wouldn't be able to handle it, so He must think of you as being stronger than others, and that of all people, your family will actually come out stronger on the other side, when others may not.

Ok, that's it. I just got out of church, so I haven't gotten it out of my mind completely.

Adam said...

Sorry, that comment was actually from me. I have to remember to sign out of her account before I leave comments...

-Adam-

Becky said...

Hey Michelle! I was glad to see an update. You are strong, keep it up! love, becky

label