Thursday, November 6, 2008

Central line came out

Yesterday I went to get my Hickman central line out (the thing that all my meds went into). I decided I have been through enough and went for the sedation they offered. It was painful enough going in without sedation, I didn't even want to know what it felt like coming out after 5 weeks of being there. I waited an hour and a half (they were running behind) and they finally were ready for me. It took them four tries to get my IV going for the sedation. I wasn't sure what was worse at that point, another try at the IV or forgoing the sedation. They finally got it and I was given meds. I had the same doctor that put the line in taking it out. He recognized me because not many get it put in without sedation. He asked me how bad it really was. I told him the worst part was the lidocaine shots. Also the tugging and pulling and shoving at my chest was unpleasant! I am very very sore today where the line was which makes me glad for the sedation. They had to go under the skin and loosen it up to get it out. Ouch.
I am excited to watch the Utah vs. TCU game tonight. I am a bit nervous for the outcome. If Utah is gonna lose a game, this will be the one. I hope not. The Utes have been so good all season and are a really good team. Let's hope for the best!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Michelle, I am glad that your central line is out! I still can't believe that you got one placed WITHOUT sedation. You are so brave.
I watched the Utes game too. Wasn't that last 80 yards just awesome! I hope they make it to a BCS bowl!!

label