Monday, May 18, 2009

Michelle's obituary

This will also be printed in the Deseret News and Salt lake Tribune Tuesday May 18

Michelle Langston Bancroft (January 22, 1981 - May 18, 2009) Sign Guest Book

We say good bye to a loving Mother, Wife, Daughter and Friend as Michelle has been called back to the loving arms of her Heavenly Father. Michelle succumbed to a three year long courageous battle with cancer. Michelle fought a hard fight without complaining or asking why she was forced to go through any of the pain and suffering that she endured. She was born on January 22, 1981 in Salt Lake City and she passed away on May 18, 2009 in Saratoga Springs.
She is survived by her devoted husband, three young children, mother, father, brother and sister along with several nieces and nephews. Michelle touched the lives of so many throughout the country as many read about her struggles and triumphs on her blog. Although leaving a void in our lives she will never be forgotten as we know we are joined with her together for eternity. Our sincerest heartfelt thanks goes out to the staff of many Doctors and nurses that provided her such incredible care at Huntsman cancer institute through several surgeries and treatments.
Michelle’s family asks that in lieu of flowers, contributions be made to an account in her name at Zion’s First National Bank where half will be contributed to her children and the other half to a cancer foundation in her name. Memorial services will be as follows:
Funeral services will be held Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. at the Saratoga Springs Stake Center, 587 South Saratoga Road. Family and friends may call Wednesday, May 20, 2009 from 6-8:00 p.m. at Wing Mortuary, 118 East Main, Lehi and Thursday morning from 9:30-10:30 a.m. at the Stake Center. Interment, Lehi City Cemetery. Online guest book at wingmortuary.com.

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful, wonderful woman! I love you guys and you are in my prayers!

pacemaker said...

That was such a beautiful tribute to a very amszing woman! I keep thinking about the hymn, "Each life that touches ours for Good" and truly that is Michelle.
Justin, you are a strong man with so much faith and love. I know that you and your family will be blessed beyond what we have any comprehension. Michelle will be there to help you and the children touching her spirit with all of yours and helping them to make decisions throughout their lives. I know you will feel that time and again. I love you and pray for you and your family daily.

Heather said...

Justin...

You have amazing strength! I ran across Michelle's Obituary in the paper, and found your Blog. My heart and prayers are with you and your family in the road ahead.

Heather

Greg and Sarah said...

My mom and I work with your brother Brad at the University. He has kept us informed of everything that has been going on with your wife. I just want you to know we are thinking of you and your cute family at this difficult time.
-Sarah Newman and Laurie Lesher

doulajulie said...

May peace continue to be poured upon you Justin and the kids. See you Thursday.

Demitrius said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Demitrius said...

Our hearts go out to you and your family at this time Justin. Michelle was a great woman and inspiration to many. We are thankful for the time we had to be neighbors and members of your ward family and appreciate your incredible examples to us of strength and faith. Our prayers will be with you and the kids. May Heavenly Father continue to pour his spirit upon you. If you ever want someone to talk to or whatever please don't hesitate to call me, my new # is 407-749-3449. Much love Bro!

Ashley said...

Justin,

My heart goes out to you and your precious children. Michelle was a strong and beautiful woman. I will forever remember her incredible example and her beautiful smile. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I pray that you will feel of our Heavenly Father's love and be at peace during this difficult time.

Ashley Siruno

Karen Carnahan said...

Justin,

My name is Karen - Melissa Calder's mom. We do not know each other but yet I have felt such a strong need to tell you that you and Michelle have touched my life. I cannot even begin to comprehend the pain you both endured (albeit in such different ways) and will continue to pray for you and your precious children. What a beautiful, loving and courageous women to have had touched so many lives in such a short time.

pacemaker said...

What an amazingly emotional and beautiful tribute to Michelle. I've never seen an audience with so many people sobbing at one time. You did an incredible job speaking, Justin. That had to be the hardest talk you will ever have to give and you really did an amazing job! Please take comfort in knowing that we are there for you. We love you.

A womb for rent said...

Justin, I had noticed on facebook that a lot of my old friends were mentioning Michelle and one posted your blog. As I was reading about your sweet wife and how much you love her. I saw your picture and put the two and two together. I just keep thinking of you and your babies. Michelle is beautiful and your amazing. I am so SORRY!!!! Your in my prayers!!! Jennifer Hollingshead

label