Monday, September 22, 2008

Awaiting a Phone Call

I am not sure what to expect, but Justin and I have a theory I want to run by Dr. Bentz before I make any decisions with Dr. Akereley. I am awaiting a phone call from him as he is out of town.
Our theory is this. Nine years ago I had a mole removed right under my jawbone on my left side. Cancer showed up two years ago in the same area. I had a tumor (benign) removed from the middle of my back 5 years ago and now I have another tumor there (supposedly cancer). Is there any chance this isn't coincidence? We think not. We want to do a biopsy to hopefully prove that this hasn't metastasized. We are willing to be proven wrong and be in exactly the same position they say I am in. So, it is not a risk to us to do this, right? Dr. Akereley saw the tumor in my back and immediately assumed it was cancer spread through the bloodstream. I'm not so sure that is the case. I don't think I will rest easy until I know.
I know it might look like we are grasping for straws here, but I need to know this if I am going to go through grueling and possibly life threatening treatments!

On a somewhat lighter note, tonight we took the kids to Brooklyn's school for the Fair they had to raise money for the school. On our way, Wyatt stepped in front of the stroller and ended up tripping because the wheel of the stroller hit his foot. He fell flat on his face and scraped his forhead, nose, and upper lip. Poor thing, he hit really hard because his hands were full and didn't get a chance to catch himself. It looked like it hurt really bad. He's a trooper, but I know it is hurting him. Not enough to turn around and go home. As long as we kept him busy winning candy and toys, he forgot about it. Brooklyn and Wyatt ended up with cotton candy, candy, and cupcakes. Great night for the kids. They were on a sugar high though!

7 comments:

abancroft said...

Go for the biopsy! Do not leave any stone unturned in this battle! I want to be just like you when, and IF, I EVER grow up! Love your mom Adelf

Justin and kids said...

That's what I think. What? You aren't grown up yet?

Camille said...

If now is not the time to grasp at straws, then when I ask? Do it Girl! I'll be praying for you and your beautiful family.

abancroft said...

I love you! So very much!!!

Jessica said...

Genius! Go for it, why not?

kstrack said...

You know you better than anyone else! Follow your gut!

The Fair was a blast, my Meka had 3 snowcones and cake and was on a Sugar high until about 10:30 when she finally crashed, it's a good thing it only happens once a year! :)

You guys rock! Love you!

pacemaker said...

I'm praying the Lord will guide you in what ever decision you make, we think of you often and want you to know that we love you and Justin! P.S. You have such a beautiful family!
Gina Pace

label