Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What's going on in our world..

Other than the fact that I am convinced that I control weather patterns based on my car cleaning habits, not a whole lot has been going on. Brooklyn has been participating in cheer camp on Monday's at the Lehi Legacy center and Wyatt is busy being Wyatt and playing with his buddies every chance he gets. Colton has been learning to walk faster and more effectively get into anything and everything that he possibly can. Chances are that he will be getting tubes in his ears soon as he seems to have a problem with ear infections that we are trying to get figured out.
What am I up to you wonder? After persuasion from a couple of co-workers, I opened an account with eharmony. I didn't know initially whether I was ready to date anyone or not, but I flipped through a few profiles just to see if there was really anyone out there that was looking for a widower with three young children. Apparantly, there is at least one. I took a chance and sent a young lady a "wink" or "nudge" or whatever term they call it when you are trying to get someone's attention via the internet. (When did this happen? When did people stop meeting each other in stores, church, work?? What happened to the world?) So anyway, she replied with her own version of a wink. We emailed back and forth for a couple of days to try to get a feel for each other's personalities. She took me off guard and asked if i wanted to go hit a bucket of golf balls that Friday. So, just to paint a picture, pretty blonde girl with a beautiful smile, funny, and WANTS to go golfing, in my book that's 3 for three. So Thursday rolled around, the day before we were supposed to go out, Colton had an ear infection so I picked him up from Grandma's to take him to the Dr. After the Dr. visit, I was pulling into my neighborhood when something special happened. I can't quite put it into words, I looked toward the sky and I swear I was looking straight into heaven. Michelle may as well have been sitting right there next to me. I was overcome unlike I have been since shortly after she passed. The whole week I was wondering if I was ready to get back out there and start seeing people again and she gave me a definitive answer. I KNOW she wants me to be happy. I KNOW she wants me to find someone to help me raise our kids and be an example to my kids and to me.
So it's been almost two weeks and things could not be going better. Her name is Kari. She was married prior for ten years and was divorced nearly two years ago by no fault of her own. She has three beautiful kids that I care deeply about, a 9 year old son and 6 and 3 year old daughters. Go ahead, make the Brady Bunch jokes, I've been hearing them all week! Our kids get along very well and her scenario with her ex is very cordial which is important to me. She makes me laugh, I enjoy being with her, I don't like it when we are apart and I love the fact that she has the same goals and aspirations that I do. She's beautiful and so far I am crazy about her.
I know and I am expecting to get some flak for it being too soon and those that I have talked to about it have been more supportive than I could possibly have expected, especially Michelle's parents. I cannot even begin to say how grateful I am for her family and all their love and support that they not only showed Michelle but me for the last 9+ years. Please know that I would not be doing this if I wasn't ready and if I knew Michelle wasn't all for it. My biggest fear is bringing her to church for the first time and watching everyone's heads turn and knowing that the whispers are about me but I think I'm ready to deal with it. If anyone else thinks they know me better and think they have a better idea of what I need, please keep it to yourself or approach me with your concerns and I will hear you out but please don't put yourself in my situation if you haven't been there. I only say this because of the society we live in, people can't help it.
Thank you to everyone for all that you have done for my family.

26 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

I'm so glad that you are keeping the blog up. Not that my opinion matters, but I think it's great that you have found someone that you care about so much and that cares about you. You deserve to be happy and so do your kids. That's great Justin!

abancroft said...

No one can ever take Michelle's place in our hearts. BUT...life goes on and people deserve to be happy and continue to grow. Justin and his family have been to hell and back and deserve some happiness and peace in their lives. I support all that they feel is right in their world and wish them all the best in the world! A butterfly stopped by on Sunday when I was hiking and would not fly away from me until I acknowledged her and said, "Hi, Michelle", the butterfly dipped her wings and then flew away. I love her so much and appreciate the little signs she gives us that she is watching over us always and forever!!!!!

Elvenbane said...

Keep the bike, bikes are important. All the head turning and whispering will be because we are all excited that you are happy. We are excited for you and your kids! Be happy!

Henich Family said...

Oh Justin, you make us laugh and you make us cry.

Can't wait to meet this lucky lady on Saturday. We love ya, even when your nasty! ;)

doulajulie said...

Who cares about the time frame. For all we know Michelle gave your family a gift with this special lady. She wouldn't want any of you to sit there and suffer without love for any longer than you have too. She knew you were devoted to her and sitting around being miserable and lonely until society thinks it is ok to find love again is silly. You have good taste in women so anybody who questions your judgment isn't looking at the big picture. Just my .02. Rock on Justin.

kstrack said...

You deserve to be happy but most of all your kids deserve to have a mom to take care of them, especially while they are so small! I am sure the way things have "fallen" into place that she is guiding you and if it isn't right she would let you know that too! :) /hugs

Kari said...

Justin here, just wanted to say thank you to those that have posted thus far, your thoughts mean so much to me. Also, caught a little glimpse of Michelle today as I was outside my office on the phone and got a visit from another big yellow monarch. I said "hi, Michelle", and off it flew. Coincidence? I think not

Adam Cherrington said...

You got it all wrong bro. The whispers would be that people can't believe there's another girl in the world that can tolerate to be near you for more than 4 minutes.

Seriously though, bring her to church. Your FRIENDS will be happy for you.
Adam C.

Amanda said...

You deserve to be happy and I'm glad you found someone that you enjoy spending time with.
I know I keep saying this but we should get together. Miss you, love you!

Unknown said...

Let's just see how well she does with Me, you, Brad, and Dad together at one dinner table. If she can even sit through a whole meal then it's meant to be. Hahaha love you Dush.

Tamara Cobb said...

Hey, you don't me. I went to highscohol with Michelle and have been following the story for a while.I have not ever met you but my heart has ached for you and your children and everything you have been through. As I read this lsat post I cried tears of joys. My first thought was that this may be the answer to everyone's prayers for you and the kids. I know I have been praying for your family and I would bet every person in your ward has been doing the same. So it would be silly for them or anybody to be judgemental when our prayers are being answered for you. Good luck with everything. Even if she is not the girl for you, at least it is bringing you some peace and joy right now. You still will be in my prayers.

k- said...

boe hates it when i say stuff like this, but i would want him to find someone BETTER than me & i would so rather it be on eharmony than in club! good luck!

pacemaker said...

I'm sure you won't worry about what people think for very long, just doesn't sound like you to worry about things that no one else probably understands anyway, but you. In the Lord's time frame life is just a "moment", so who's to say what is the perfect time? I'll just bet Michelle doesn't have a problem with it! Looking forward to the future is important and absolutely necessary.

Kenison Family said...

Justin, I think the decision is yours. I am sure you and Michelle had plenty of time to talk about this before she was gone and the feelings you are getting now are just a confirmation that you are doing what is best for your family. We all want you to be happy! We would love to get together soon. Rachel

Melanie said...

Sounds great. Sorry about Monday. Call my cell nest time. We still need to have the kids over. Let me know when the surgery is and I will take Wyatt and Brooklyn. I am really excited to meet Kari. We still need to set up a date night. When she comes to church just come sit by us. Who cares what everyone else thinks. Do what you want!!

Brittany said...

Hey Justin, I just wanted to say pretty much what everyone has already said....I believe with all my heart that things happen for a reason. Your heart has seen the deepest sorrows and now it IS time for you and your beautiful family to know joy again. We are all on your side.

lori said...

You probably dont remember when i told you about my dad who lost his first wife from cancer with 3 small children and then married my mom to have 3 more, of which i am the third. I think he met my mom less than a year after the first wife passed away and then was married. I obviously think that was a wise decision considering i was born! And i couldnt love my entire family more! and that is what the Holy Ghost is for to help with huge decisions like that. We love you Justin and will be always be happy for you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ok, I will be honest. At first I was surprised that you found someone else so soon, but after thinking about it and reading the blog, I feel so bad thinking otherwise and want to apologize for even thinking that way. I am very proud of you for doing everything by yourself and hop that you and Kari are happy and that the kids are happy too. Love you Justin and hope everything works out for you.
Love Aimee Kendall

Kari said...

Okay, who wrote something they regret and deleted it?

Tracy Giles said...

We need your email address so we can invite you to our blog. email it to me at tracy.giles@gmail.com Thanks!

pacemaker said...

I always wonder what it is people write and then delete? Guess they "chickened out"!!!Is there a way to track those? LOL How was your get together at Adam and Marianne's?

Unknown said...

Justin, Debbie and I are with you all the way.

Collard Girls said...

I was surprised, but then again, not. Your a guy! My wish for you and the kids is that you're happy and she loves the kids as if they're her own. Also, remember, you will all be together in Heaven, so make sure her and Michelle will get along or you will spend eternity with two women pulling a Jerry Springer!!

Melissa Calder said...

Good for you! Regan and I are very happy to hear that things are on the up & up. You deserve to be happy, bottom line.

Mama said...

Your love for Michelle will never diminish. And true caring for her and her memory would be to care for yourself and your family the best way possible, through your happiness and care of the kids. We're thrilled that you're so happy! I agree with what your mom said all the way!

label