Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Something about those Yellow Monarchs...


Yesterday evening after returning from work, Kari was watching Colton play on the grass in the frontyard (and eating dirt) while I was pruning the rose bushes in the courtyard. After throwing the dead stuff away we were just standing there talking when a big Yellow Monarch Butterfly flew down and landed right in front of Kari and I on one of my flower bushes. We both looked at each other and smiled. I reached down to try to pick it up and it acted as though it wasn't afraid of me at all. As I tried to pick it up it jumped off the bush and flew around both of us before going over by Colton and fluttering around him for a second. It caught his attention and he just got a huge smile across his face.

I told him Mommy says hi and he went back to eating dirt. The butterfly came back towards us and landed again right in front of us on another bush. I again tried to reach down to pick it up and it did the exact same thing again before this time flying over towards the other side of my front yard. After circling Kari and I twice, I assumed that was a good confirmation that Michelle must approve of the two of us together. I looked over at Kari and told her "I think Michelle likes you!"

I don't want people to think that I believe for one second that Michelle was reincarnated as a yellow butterfly but I do believe 100% that when someone passes and they go to the "right" place that they likely have certain influence to put certain things in certain places at certain times to remind their loved ones that they are still with them. There have been too many instances since she has passed with Yellow Monarch butterflys to ignore them. It's happened to many members of our family since she passed, unexplainable "coincidences" that give me every reason to believe that she everywhere around us, watching over us constantly. It makes it easier to deal with the pain of her passing to know that she is allowed to pay us a visit from time to time.

6 comments:

kstrack said...

In Utah it just can't a coincidence to have so many Monarchs visiting your family! When I got to visit with Michelle she had talked about angels and such and being able to send you & your family butterflies seems to me exactly what she would do! loves & hugs, Kirsten

Jessica said...

Pretty cool cousin!

Angela Strong said...

I don't remember the day I came across your blog....but I do remember being so moved by what was going on in your lives. I started reading at a time when my very best friend was losing her battle with breast cancer...and leaving behind two small children and a husband. Your stories were so similar and heartbreaking. I want you to know that I have wept with you....and laughed with you through your trials and joys. Not a day goes by that I don't miss my amazing friend Jenn...she passed the beginning of May....but I am so grateful for eternal families and for the knowledge I have about where she is. Her sweet husband has met an amazing woman who's husband passed away a couple of months before Jenn. She has 4 children...he has 2....totally 6. Sound familiar?? Many have been hard on him for getting out so soon in the dating world...I have not felt that way at all. Not only do I know that your Michelle is blessing you the same way Jenn is blessing her husband, but I know that for months before their passing...you were already seeing and knowing your future alone. Things do not happen by coincidence...they happen by "Godincidence"

I am so happy for you and for Kari...that you can bless each others lives and those of your small children. May the Lord bless and keep you and may your wedding day be full of joy and happiness....

abancroft said...

Dear Angela,
I am Justin's mom. I just read your comment and want to thank you for your best wishes for his family. My heart breaks to hear of your friend, Jenn, and her struggles with cancer. I hope that her family will be happy and always remember the love she has for them. Thank you again for your lovely thoughts.

Bancrofts from Yorkshire said...

Hi
Interesting site!
If you are interested in family history of UK Bancrofts, have a look at my blog.
http://bancroftsfromyorkshire.blogspot.com
Best Wishes
Jarlath Bancroft

pacemaker said...

At first when I read about the monarchs, I had to admit, it seemed pretty coincidental, and thought to myself, well that's cool. Justin and his family deserve that comfort. I read that on Friday, on Saturday, I had my own little blessing and it was interesting because my relationship with Michelle has pretty much been from a distance, reading the blog and through Justin, whom I have known forever. I was relaying the Monarch experience of your family to a friend and as we were talking a Monarch landed on a tree a distance from me and it seemed like it was saying "see, you get your's from a distance" Makes sense to me.:)

label