Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Announcement! Drumroll..........


Okay, here it is. After playing with everyone about what's going on, and with family already starting to spread the word, you know who you are, I wanted people to find out from me. Many people on facebook have been asking about August 14 and what is going on that day...
I mentioned Kari in my last post to the blog, well after confirmation and support from all the people that need to be involved in the decision making process, we have decided to get married August 14. TAKE A DEEP BREATH!!!!!
Okay, better now? Yes it's soon, yes I'm crazy but I know it's the right thing to do. The plan is to have a small private ceremony in her parents backyard with only immediate family (including Michelle's family) as guests. We will have an open house a couple weeks later so all others who would like to can come by.
I am very excited, she is very excited, we have been watching the Brady Bunch a lot to learn how to make it all work and are actively searching for a good "Alice" so if anyone knows a loud housekeeper with a beehive, please let me know. We will be living in my house for as long as necessary. We still need to sell her house in South Jordan so get the word out. We are going to look at homes in between Herriman and South Jordan when we are ready to move. Not sure when that will be but I have a feeling we will be busting at the seams shortly at my place.
I am so grateful that so soon after Michelle passing that I found someone that makes me so happy. I love Kari so much and am so excited to spend the rest of my life with her. We are going to pursue getting sealed when the circumstances allow it, hopefully no more than one year. I know Michelle approves because she couldn't have set it up more perfectly. She SHOVED Kari right at me, there is no doubt in my mind that they will be the best of friends through the eternities.
So there it is, the speculation and office pools can end, August 14 it is and I could not be more excited.

14 comments:

Brittany said...

Let me be the first to say "Congratulations!!!" We are so excited for you! You deserve to be happy, and we are happy for you! Actually in your defense....that is NOT fast! My Dad knew I was going to marry Bryce after 2 weeks. I knew after 6 weeks. My sister knew after 6 weeks that she was going to marry her hubby. Nobody can control time. You are great and I'm so glad you can find love twice! Good for you!

Ashley said...

Congratulations!!! So happy for you! =)

Liz said...

Congrats!! What an exciting time in your lives. (P.S. You don't know me, but I started following Michelle's story shortly after our uncle was diagnosed with desmoplastic melanoma.)
Liz

Melanie said...

Come by a lot by us! One just sold for 23,000 and another for 33,000. Congratulations! We feel quite proud that you decided to go out with her at our house. So that means points for us right? I am excited to get to know her so don't move. Tell Kari to go get a job at the new school in Fox Hollow it is close.

pacemaker said...

Congratulations!!! Justin, soon you'll have as many kids as we do!!!!LOL Just 4 more to go, that's easy to do!

Mama said...

Justin and I knew after only about 6 weeks. I got teary when I read it. I'm so happy your so happy. You sure deserve it! I can't wait to meet her. She's gotta be something pretty special!

Seth and Julie said...

Oh Justin...do I think you are nuts? A little bit but I thought you were nuts when you and Michelle got engaged quickly too and that turned out to be an awesome decision so I will trust your instincts.

Also, Kari was awesome. I wish we could have hung out more but I am glad we got to meet her. How do you keep getting girls so far out of your league? Hee, hee!

I guess this is just proof that Heavenly Father doesn't send any storm without a rainbow after it. We just have to make sure our eyes are opened so we don't miss the rainbow.

Congrats and best of luck to The Bancroft Bunch!

Stephanie Greenwood said...

I know that Michelle is smiling. As a wife and mother, I too would "shove" someone at Ryan if something happened to me. We are very happy for you! you and your kids deserve and need this! Congrats!

Kelli said...

I've witnessed similar situations many times, including my brother after his wife and baby were killed. I think it's fantastic. Congratulations!

gary and carolyn said...

Fantastic!! Good luck! as a veteran "Brady Bunch" mom of almost 19 years and 12 kids I can tell you It's great that you have Heavenly Father on your side helping you make the decision! He will help you every step of the way! Justin and Melanie can tell you all the things we learned together of how to not do it-It's worth it though!! Good Luck!

Meli Derricott said...

Congratulations buddy. When I heard you were dating someone, my first thought was that it was kinda soon. But then I thought that you and Michelle had time to probably talk about this and what she thought you should do. And when I read you last coupld of posts, it made feel better (like it really matters how STEVE feels Lol). So again, congratulations! We expect an invitation to the open house!!

Anonymous said...

Okay can we get just one post that doesn't make us cry? Or is it just me being a baby. (don't answer that)

Kari is awesome and it is SO good to see you SMILING again.

Sarah said...

Gabe and I are so excited for you. Kari is absolutely gorgeous. Every time I've see you two together, I can't help but think how natural it seems,--like it should seem weird, but it doesn't. If I was in Michelle's position, I'm sure I'd be doing all I could to influence who would be in the life of my children. Certainly Michelle has done the same.
I loved everything about this post except for the part about you guys moving---not really excited to lose fantastic neighbors!

Tracy Giles said...

Congratulations!!! That is very exciting news!

label