Saturday, July 19, 2008


I never finished my story. I got tired of typing I guess. I will shorten the rest. I have had two major surgeries with Dr. Bentz. This last one was eighteen hours long. They took all the recurrent cancer out of my cheek and neck and replaced it with tissue from my thigh. I have a scar up my thigh from knee to hip. My cheek is still swollen looking, but it will be fixed in time with reconstructive surgeries.I just finished 7 1/2 weeks of radiation therapy on my face and neck. Horrible, but I am glad to be done. It caused sores in my mouth and throat and esophogus. It made it really hard to eat, causing me to drop 21 pounds, not bad. Not a good way to lose weight. I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone.So, now we have the rest of the summer to look forward to. The kids are so glad to have mommy home again. Today was my first day home with them all morning not having to go anywhere.The kids have been swimming so much this summer. Their favorite thing to do so far.So, things are finally good for us!

No comments:

label